Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New jacket, McCalls M5525

Well, I finished my new jacket! It was quite the ordeal. The original way it was cut was huge on me. My mother-in-law, who is an experienced seamstress, helped me take it in all over and make it a lot shorter. She didn't think I should take it in as much at the shoulders, but I insisted, and it did turn out a bit snug at the shoudlers. But other than that, I really like it. I just have to wear it with short sleeves because long sleeves make it too bulky. Oh well.
Looking at these pictures, I probably need to move each button up a little bit.
The inside is a fun gray and yellow cotton, which is why I picked yellow buttons.
(Sorry, I obviously need to clean my mirror!) The pattern is McCalls M5525. I think I would like to make it again in the future with a different fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment