Sunday, October 9, 2011

King-sized bedspread

I'm so happy to complete this project. I've been working on it all summer off and on. A king-sized bedspread is no easy task, and simply putting together the backing, batting, and topper took lots of energy. This evening I pinned it all together and then did the quilting. I only stitched in the ditch, so it was relatively easy. (Ha! Easy!)
Yesterday my in-laws arrived with the new top for my table: a door! It is so much more stable than my 1/2-inch plywood and has smooth edges, yay! The other tabletop was already bent in the middle. This was how I was able to quilt this bedspread. Well, that, and my husband helped me. I really couldn't have done it without him maneuvering the quilt as I sewed. I told him it was his penance for requesting a quilt rather than a duvet/duvet cover, which would have been much easier to sew.
And here is the photobomb:


I like this view: it's what I see when I lay down.
Next up will be to make some coordinating pillows. It feels really comfy and I'm excited to sleep with it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment