Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Where to Buy Frames

The question I get asked the most these days is, "Where can I buy frames for your patterns?" With the Flourish and Curvaceous Clutches a couple days away from release, I have been compiling a list of online sources located all around the world.  The shops with the largest selection are located in Asia, but you can still find other local sources that will help you save money on shipping.

Of course, you can always buy frames from me!  I will be offering frame and interfacing kits for each pattern with a limited selection of frames.  I'm happy for you to buy those!  But if you want a closer source or a more varied selection of frames, hopefully this list will help you.

Flourish Clutch
The Flourish Clutch is the easiest to shop for. It is written for three sizes.  The largest uses an 8" rectangle frame.  The medium and small sizes both use a 6" frame.  I wrote the pattern for either 3" or 2.5" tall frames.  For an 8x3 frame, you will cut one of the pattern pieces slightly different than for a 8x2.5 frame, and the same for the other sizes.  It's written clearly in the pattern. You can also search for 20cm and 15cm frames, and the pattern will be able to fit in them with no problem, just a little extra squishing.
 
Sources:
 
 
Asia based shops: Bagpurseframe, 3DANsupplies, BagSupplierFactory Guy Online, Ahwokbuckles, many other shops on Etsy and Aliexpress.  The first three listed, I've personally purchased from.
 
 
For Indian buyers, my tester recommended Riddhi Kapoor as a source for frames and interfacing.
 
For Australian buyers, Stitches in the Bush. (Search "frame" in the search bar.), Shamrock Craft, MIY Art Crafts, Voodoo Rabbit.
 
Curvaceous Clutch
The Curvaceous Clutch uses a half-round frame.  These are more work to find.  Most that you will find are too small.  The pattern starts with a 6" or 15cm wide frame as the smallest.  You'll see a lot of tiny ones out there that are great for coin purses.  I had one tester scale down the pattern to fit.  But unless you want a tiny purse, go no smaller than 15cm.  The pattern is also written for an 8" or 20 cm frame, as well as a 9" or 23cm frame.  I also give instructions on how to adjust your pattern if your frame circumference isn't quite right.  It's actually a very easy adjustment! So if you find a frame you like that is 16 cm, can you still use it? Yes! Or if you buy a frame that is 8" wide, but maybe kind of flat on top, can you use that? Yes! Just stick as close as possible to the diameters listed in the pattern, and then I instruct you in the pattern how to adjust it for your frame.
 
Sources:
 
 
Asia based:  Bagpurseframe3DANsuppliesYeahshop, Vivianzakka, lacecrafted, Factory Guy Online, Ahwokbuckles. There are doubtless others I've missed, but I've ordered from all of the Etsy shops listed.
 
 
For Indian buyers, my tester recommended Riddhi Kapoor as a source for frames and interfacing.
 
For Australian buyers, Stitches in the Bush. (Search "frame" in the search bar.), Shamrock Craft, MIY Art Crafts.
 

If you come across another great source, especially if you are a non-U.S. sewer, I'd love to share that for my international customers. You can email me at toriskabags (@) gmail.com, or contact me through my Toriska PDF Sewing Patterns group on Facebook. Remember to check out the new patterns on Friday through either Etsy or Craftsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment