Friday, November 13, 2015

New release: Flourish Clutch!

Introducing, the Flourish Clutch, by Toriska Bags!  This is my second framed PDF sewing purse pattern I am releasing today.  Check out the Curvaceous Clutch as well.
 
The Flourish Clutch is an elegant clutch with pretty pleats made for a rectangle frame.  Don't be intimidated by the frame!  The pattern gives instructions on both sew-in and glue-in frames. It is written for a 8"x3" or 6"x3" frame, but there is an easy adjustment you can make to use a 8"x2.5" or 6"x2.5" frame. Of my two purse patterns releasing today, this is a little harder, but I'd say perfect for an intermediate sewer or ambitious beginner who has some experience following patterns.  There are three sizes (both the Medium and Small are made with the 6" frame).
 
 
 
Not only is the pattern on sale today through Sunday for $6, ($8 normally), but I am also selling kits in my Etsy shop! You can purchase the necessary interfacing for each size of purse, as well as frames in a limited selection. At the end of this post I give a list of places to buy these frames. I also sell this on Craftsy.
 
And now, my testers' clutches and their feedback!
 
 

Large size by Glenys Binstead. Aren't those feathers lined up perfectly on the pleats?
 


Large size, by Liz Gilmartin. "What can I say? This is well-written, quick to sew, produces a really professional looking clutch, AND doesn't use a lot of material. I'm in LOVE!"
 
Medium by Helen Wilson.  "I definitely enjoyed being a tester, the pattern was well written and easy to follow. The design is beautiful and has so many ways you could embellish to make it your own."
 
Large, by Gwen Lockwood. "When I saw the opportunity to test this pattern I knew I had to get on that list! What a beautiful clutch and I had the perfect frame to use!  I had been looking for the right pattern and this was it!  I love how easy it was and how the interior fits PERFECTLY!  The added foam stabilizer gives just the right amount of body.  Thank you Tori for a fantastic pattern!"
 

Medium, by Sandie Larsen. "Flourish is a very well thought out and written pattern.  The added notes on interfacings~ substitutions and reasons for choosing one over the other are very helpful.  The illustrations are clear and the pattern includes photos of the steps, so it is like the designer is holding your hand right through each step!  You have so many fabric choices that you could make a different clutch to go with each outfit. How fun would that be?!"
 

Medium by Linda DeRyder. "The Toriska Flourish Clutch was an easy sew and learning experience. I always wanted to make a framed clutch. Having three sizes to choose from makes it even more useful. The fabrics to use are endless and a great gift giving idea!"


Large by Jean Collins. "I have never made a purse before but after trying this one I would do it again.  I did not know attaching the frame would be so easy."


Large by Prasanna Narasimhan.  "I love this pattern and looking forward for your future ones."

Small by Amber Rivera. "It cute and easy, perfect for date night."
 

Large (with a cool added piping detail) by Lori Peoples. "The Flourish Clutch is a very versatile pattern that can be either casual or dressy depending on your fabric choice, frame and embellishments. You can easily sew one Saturday morning for your date Saturday night!"
 

Medium by Nicole Wall.
 


Large by Rajyalaxmi Pradeep. "This is the first time I have sewn any pattern that has frames. For the first time, the result was very good. I recommend this pattern to confident beginners too. With a little effort at gluing the clutch into the frame, I believe even a beginner can use the pattern with ease. Totally loved making this clutch."
 

Large by Doris Bussey.

Medium by Karen Thomas. "This pattern is perfect to create a beautiful bag to finish off your outfit for that special event.  Love it, would recommend it to anyone."
 


Medium by Shayna Kalish. "I've been waiting for this pattern for a while. There are many, many beautiful bag patterns available these days. There are also many, many beautiful frames available that I've been drooling over with no knowledge whatsoever how to use. Tori filled that gap with a beautiful bag and in the process taught a frame newbie how to make the kind of purse I had assumed was beyond my skill set."
 

Medium by Cherita.
 
Medium by Ana Cristina Machado.
 

Large, by Bec Dearing. "This pattern is extremely well written and easy to follow. All of the pattern pieces matched up perfectly, leading to a very well finished final product. Definitely a must sew!"
 
And more feedback:
Joanne DuBois: "This pattern is very easy to follow and produces an end result which is simply gorgeous. Depending on fabric choice, this pattern can have endless applications; formal, casual, dinner etc. Love it!"
 
Thank you so much to all my testers!
 
To end, here is a list of places to buy these clutch frames.  They are 8" and 6" long, and can be either 3" or 2.5" tall. (20cm and 15cm frames work as well).
 
 
Asia based shops: Bagpurseframe, 3DANsupplies, BagSupplierFactory Guy Online, Ahwokbuckles, many other shops on Etsy and Aliexpress.  The first three listed, I've personally purchased from.
 
 
For Indian buyers, my tester recommended Riddhi Kapoor as a source for frames and interfacing.
 
For Australian buyers, Stitches in the Bush. (Search "frame" in the search bar.), Shamrock Craft, MIY Art Crafts, Voodoo Rabbit.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh.... I would love 😍 to be one of your paytern testers!!! They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh.... I would love 😍 to be one of your paytern testers!!! They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete