Sunday, April 8, 2012

Some Easter clothes

With Easter and a fancy dinner celebrating my husband's parents' anniversary, I made several items of clothing this week
 I made this dress for my daughter for Easter/her birthday.  I came up with the pattern on my own and am really happy with how it turned out. The hem is done with fishing line to give it the twirly effect.  Super cute, right?



And here is the dress that I made.  It is Butterick 5559.  Adding the top crocheted lace layer made it a bit tricky, but it still came together fairly well.  I had to make a couple adjustments to the neckline, and I added an extra strip along the bottom for length.
 These pictures are kind of dark, sorry.
 I got a few compliments on it today, so that make me happy.
 I also made myself a reversible circle skirt this week.  These pictures are awful, sorry, but Adam was busy getting the kids lunch and so I had to use the timer and set the camera at a funny angle.
 I am not sure how flattering this skirt actually is, and I'm not sure how often I'll actually wear it away from home.  I need a close-fitting cardigan or jacket, I think.

It was a super easy skirt to make.  Here's the tutorial. The original isn't reversible, but it was very simple to adjust it to make it so.    I might make Katrina some skirts like this, since you can whip one up in about half an hour!

And here is a bridal order I finished this weekend.  I love the peacock interior.  We picked a silver silk charmeuse for these.  I typically don't use charmeuse for bags, but it was the color that the bride wanted, and I like the soft silky feel of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment