Saturday, December 31, 2011

Some in-progress works

I took a break the week before Christmas from purse sewing so I could focus on my kids' Christmas gifts.  Now that Christmas is over I went kind of crazy cutting out purses to sew!
 There are about 20 purses here and 15 wallets.  Enough sewing to last me...I don't even know.  Weeks!
 Unfortunately my work area needs a little cleaning.  This is my pile of scraps.  These are big enough that I may want to use them later, so I save them.  But my scrap tubs are getting pretty full, so I'm not looking forward to trying to stuff these into their respective bins.
 This is a big part of the reason I haven't done scrap organization yet.  This is underneath my table.  I went through my closet and took out everything that didn't fit, was too old, or that I plain didn't like anymore.  This left me with about four things left for winter!  Instead of trying to replace that warddrobe by buying new clothes, I am determined to upcycle some of these old clothes into new clothes for myself.  So this pile is sitting on top of some of scrap tubs and I'm trying to ignore it. 
 My cousin commissioned a purse for our aunt.  I picked a brown wool with embroidered flowers on it.  I did used my familiar woven design, though I altered the pattern to make the purse a little narrower and taller.  It also zippers up instead of using a magnet clasp; one of my goals for 2012 is to put zippers in all of my purses. 
 It still needs a purse strap, which I will do today.
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Years weekend!  We will be having a sleepover with the grandparents and on Monday I'll be starting the joy of inventory!

No comments:

Post a Comment