Saturday, December 3, 2011

Finished toddler quilt

Well, I finished my son's birthday quilt for his second birthday.  It turned out better than I thought it would!  He doesn't care about it, but that's okay, he's allowed to be a bit of a stinker. :]

 The marching turtles all are made of minky or fleece for some added texture.
 Usually I handsew the binding on the back but this time I didn't feel like it, so I machine-sewed.  Unfortunately, I did it fairly poorly!  I will probably take a seam ripper to it and redo it all.  Boo!  Should have done it right the first time!
 The quilting is all stitch-in-the-ditch or 1/8" from each seam. Fairly simple and easy.  This was the first quilt that I used spray adhesive instead of safety pins.  I will never go back!  Spray adhesive is totally the way to go.

And one shot of the birthday boy.  He loved his pizza and fruit, two of his favorite foods.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cute! I love it! You did such a good job. I was also wondering how it would turn out with the original pieces, but it came out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete