Sunday, December 18, 2011

New clutch design

My posts have been rather spotty lately!  I've been working hard on a lot of made-to-order purses.  But now the rush is over and I can concentrate on sewing some Christmas gifts and enjoying the rest of the holiday season with my family.

One thing that I've managed to do this month is create a new clutch pattern.  The pattern that I currently use is great, and I still will continue making clutches with it.  But for various reasons I wanted to come up with something new.  Something a little more interesting, something a little bigger, something that would work with both patterns and solids.  So I experimented a bit.  I am really happy with the final results.  I have made five purses now out of this pattern and have bought some lovely silks and velvets to make more.




You can see I've kind of got a peacock theme going on!  I am really excited about this pattern and I can tell I will have lots of fun with it.  I have plenty of designs from my other pattern in my head too that I'll be making after the holidays.  Plus, I need to make a bunch of wallets since my inventory has grown fairly small.  Lots to do in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment