Saturday, September 24, 2011

Non-Etsy sewing

I thought I would share some of the non-shop sewing that I have done in the past few months. I've got a constant list of projects to work on. Currently I am working on a fall jacket for myself and in the next few months will be making a quilt for my son's 2nd birthday and some dress shirts for my husband.
I had two baby showers to attend in one week so I saved time by making the same gift for each baby: a mini soft color book and a small blanket for each. For the blue one I tried out the faux chenille technique for the first time.
This is a picture of the top of my bedspread. It's actually still not finished, but I have bought the backing and batting, I just need to sew it all together.
I followed an online tutorial and made my 3 year old this dress out of old t-shirts.
I just made this tie for my dad's birthday. I also used covered buttons and my husband's old ties to make some cufflinks.
I used the Urban Unisex Hoodie pattern (from heidiandfinn on Etsy) to make these two hoodies for my kids. I made them reversible.

And here is my latest, yet saddest creation. I am making myself a fall coat but adult clothes really aren't my specialty, so I dove right into the pattern without taking the time to create a mockup. I tried on the coat and realized it's made for someone with a torso at least 8 inches longer than mine! It's supposed to be hip-length. I am 5'1" and short-torsoed. Also, I trusted the measurements on the pattern envelope and this coat is giant on me. My mother-in-law is helping me today to adjust it. It has the potential of being super cute, so I hope it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment