Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New "studio"

I completely ran out of room with my previous sewing area configuration. When you first walked into our apartment, my sewing stuff took up the entire wall right next to the entrance. So last Saturday I went to Target, picked up another set of cube storage shelves, some metal storage shelves, and then a few night ago I picked up the board to create my new cutting/work table. I moved all the living room furniture to one side of the room, and all my sewing stuff to the other side.
I still need to paint the board, but otherwise my sewing nook is now finished!
This little table was previously where I cut out everything. Now it's my shipping area and place to store works in progress. It also is my new little photo area.
I'm so happy I bought these wire shelves too. All this stuff was stacked haphazardly before or stuffed into corners.
And the really nice thing about this table is that I can store things underneath it too. It has two rolling storage shelves for patterns and other various things. My old sewing machine and embroidery attachment are under there too. That back shelf has mostly my fabric scraps, but also leather and old clothes for upcycling purposes.
I also bought myself a white board for my to-do list. The left hand side is for my shop, the right hand side is non-shop stuff.
And here is my oldest, who loves my new sewing room, as she calls it. She also is happy that there is just enough room under the cutting table for her to walk under.
I also fit all my inventory into another set of shelves, but it is getting quite squishy. I'll need to find more space to store purses because I'm intending on increasing my inventory this month to over 100 items in preparation for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment