Sunday, September 18, 2011

Custom order round up

The sad thing about Etsy is that you don't have a way to display the final products for custom orders. I had a few custom orders lately that I wanted to share.
First, the finished product from my last post. The inside is also embroidered with the bride's name and wedding date. I won't go into the complications involved with my embroidery machine, but let's just say it was quite the feat for me!

Next is actually not a custom purse, it was an experimental one. I saw a throw pillow at the store that inspired this purse. It ended up being quite complicated and with the crooked sewing lines, etc, I decided not to sell this one. I used a slightly dented frame too. Not sure what I'll do with this one, but it's fun to look at! I don't know if I want to make another one like this; it's quite time-intensive.

This last purse is another bridal order. The front pintuck purse was one already in my shop, and the bride wanted the two woven purses in the back. I made them out of the same crepe-back satin that the first purse was made of, and I found a lovely grey moleskin fabric for the insides. It's super soft to the touch.

So there's the custom order round-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment