Friday, July 8, 2011

Inspiration Item: Indian Cottons

Sometimes I know what I'm going to do with an item when I buy it. Sometimes the item inspires an idea when I see it. Sometimes I have no idea but I know I have to have it and will figure out what to do with it later!

These cottons from India were like that. I didn't know what I would do with them, but I snatched them up back in February or March and waited with baited breath for three weeks until they arrived. Then I looked at them a bit, realized I had no clue what to do with them, and stuck them with the rest of my fabric.
Eventually I decided to create a patchwork purse out of all five fabrics, and since they all have the common gold accent, I used gold metallic thread and a bunch of fancy stitches to stitch between each section.
Eventually I made a wallet just like that.
And I decided that I needed to make something that showed off the gold stripe, so I made another wallet.
These wallets are actually sold but I will be making more just like them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment