Monday, July 4, 2011

Behind the Bag: Asymmetrical Studded Purse

Location of first inspiration: King of Prussia Mall
Trigger: A studded leather handbag
Process of thought: I have no memory of what the rest of the handbag looked like, I was just enamoured of the studs all over the bag in a random pattern. I pointed it out to my husband and said, "That is so cool!" Then as I went home the ideas swirled around for awhile until I decided that not only would it be cool to use studs on a bag, it would be raised to even more heights of awesome if I used them in a recognizable pattern. Maybe the recent episodes of Doctor Who that we've been watching inspired me to choose Van Gogh's Starry Night, who knows, but that was the scene I chose.
The asymmetrical design was an added touch of whimsy.
I did ponder for awhile which way to make the design face, but ultimately decided that since I am a righty with my purses, I would make it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment