Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In Progress: Woven Loop Purse, Messenger Bag, and High Heel Purse

At any given time I have multiple items in progress. I like to work assembly line style and so I often will cut out five or ten purses or wallets, then spend a few nights interfacing them, and then sew them at my leisure. I thought I would take snapshots of a few in progress purses.

First: Purple Woven Loops.
This complicated and time-intensive little beast was directly inspired by a ribbon throw pillow I encountered the other day while looking for new bedding. It was so fun to run my hands across the little loops, and I immediately started dissecting it in my mind to figure out how I would make it. However, neither my husband nor I care for throw pillows, so the next thought was, "How can I make this into a purse?"
Hopefully this little mess of loops will end up as cute as that little pillow.
Next up: Tweed Messenger Bag
This bag has been in my head and on my list of things to do for a loooong time! I've been held up by many factors, the main one being that I was afraid to work with leather. But finally I loaded up on nylon thread, a teflon foot, and lots of patience, and started working.
There will be more leather accents and the bottom has leather.
Final purse: High Heels and Leather Purse
Speaking of leather, here is another purse that has been in the works for some time. This one came together beautifully; it's currently just waiting on some better studs because the ones in the picture had trouble fastening, so I ordered a different type.
This purse will have an internal tube frame, which will be a first for me.
Of course there are many other purses I have been working on but these are all new styles and especially fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I love that you've shown us your works in progress. I don't think I'm brave enough to show my unfinished sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete