Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Some recent makes--kids

I've really been on a clothes-making spree for awhile.  It pretty much coincides with the release of my two frame clutches! I finally had time to devote to personal projects and then went a little crazy.  First, I'll show off some of my the things I've made for my kids, then the clothes for myself.  Most of these photos are mediocre quality--I get too impatient to set up nice photos! But one of my next posts will be devoted to just one pattern that I tested, and I took some incredibly cute photos of my kids (not that I'm biased...)
First off, here are my kids' Halloween costumes.  I made these cloaks from the Big Little Unisex Cape Bundle. I bought the patches and Gryffindor ties.  My kids loved these costumes so much.  My husband and I bought Ravenclaw costumes and we went as a bunch of Hogwarts students--we got a lot of compliments!

I made my daughter two tunics from the Heidi and Finn Tulip Tunic and Dress pattern. Honestly, I don't think she's worn them more then once or twice each.  For one, I didn't measure her, I just went by what I thought her size was.  It's too big, but the band at the bottom makes it rise up to her hips. 
 I made her these patches with my embroidery machine.
 This is the Tulip tunic as well.  She likes it because of the sparkle fabric, but it has the same riding up issue. If I made this again, I would do away with the band.

 This is the Bimaa Sweater by LouBee Clothing. I made this a little big as well, but it's a slim-fitting pattern and the fabric doesn't have much stretch, so it works out well.  She wears this shirt about every other day! I really like this pattern.
 And this is the same pattern.  She loves the cowl, and this is a really soft sweater fabric, so it's another favorite.
 My kids caught me in a weak moment, they had to wear certain colors one day at school as a part of Spirit Week, and I agreed to make them each something. This is the Library Cardigan by Little Lizard King.  Now, here's a confession: I find the most of the example cardigans in the listing absolutely hideous.  So much so that they almost kept me from buying it. I think they do not do justice to this pattern.  It's actually really cute.  I'd make it again.  I did fully line it, because it's a thin, see-through knit, and I'm really happy with the results.  You can't see it here, but I did excellent stripe-matching. :)
 Whoops, really blurry picture here.  My son is very bouncy.  This is the ADVTee from Sofilantjes Patterns.  This was a new designer to me until recently and I really like her patterns.  This tee has a fun Option B that I'm going to be making this week for my daughter.  My son just wanted a simple red shirt with white neckline, and this was perfect.
 I made two shirts from her Omni Tempore pattern. My son chose these fabrics.  He likes orange and green, and the brighter the better!
He didn't want a pocket, and is still kind of fixated on the fact that I put one in there anyway.  He likes it though.

I also made my son a suit for his birthday. These are both patterns from Peekaboo Patterns.  Here's another confession--I don't really like her patterns anymore.  There are several reasons, and these two patterns are a large part of it.  Unfortunately, this seems to be the only boys suit coat pattern out there.  If you want to make a suit, I'd read up on welt pockets elsewhere and be prepared with a lot of patience.
 The pants.  Wish I had read the zipper instructions elsewhere too.  These weren't that great.
 Anyway, he likes it and wears it all the time.  Of course, a month after he got it, he skinned a hole in the knee, and I told him I wouldn't make him another pair of pants, but I may need to eat my words, since I don't want to patch them and I have plenty of extra fabric.  I don't think I will use this pattern though.
 
 These pajamas were one of my best Christmas gifts to my kids.  They like a tv show called PJ Masks, about three kids who turn into superheroes at night, dressed in their pajamas.  I used the Bimaa pattern for my daughters and Omni Tempore pattern for my son.  For all of them I used the Fancy Pants Leggings pattern by Titchy Threads. I bought the masks off of Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment