Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Evening Primrose Dress by Terra's Treasures

I decided that I needed to experience being a pattern tester, especially as I am now a pattern designer myself! My first three purse patterns taught me a lot, but I still wanted to get that tester experience.  So when the opportunity came recently to test the Evening Primrose Dress pattern for Terra's Treasures, I jumped on it, even though it was the week before Christmas.

First I picked some beautiful plaid fabric. It was a dreary day for photography, but this pond made me think of a Scottish moor.






 My 2.5yo had so much fun with these photographs.  I actually had to drag her inside kicking and screaming because she had so much fun.

This was the second dress I made her.  It was drizzling, and I thought the umbrella would be a great prop.  And it was! I love how these turned out.




 Terra made some adjustments to the pattern and I wanted to try a different size, so I made one for my older daughter.  She's close to 8, but fits into a size 6.  We're shorties! She was gravitating towards really froufrou fabrics that were making me cringe, so I had to work to get her to want a different sort of dress.  She fell in love with this cream suedecloth, and I suggested the cheetah print (cheetah anything is her favorite) because otherwise she would have picked neon or something to go underneath, ha.


 Twirling.

 It look great! She loves this dress.  This was the coldest day in weeks and she had just been diagnosed with her second pneumonia diagnoses in a month, so we kept it quick.

 I love the brushed gold buttons!
Buy the pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment