Wednesday, July 29, 2015

New color swatches

This weekend I worked on a project I have been wanting to do for awhile.  It involved a lot of photography, editing, and tediousness, but I'm happy to have created a new selection of color swatches!
 
To compare, this is what my swatches looked like before.

 I think the new graphic does a much better job of comparing colors to each other and hopefully is clear.  I found the best results by photographing 4-6 at a time and editing them together before cropping into the correct size.  That way I got the correct colors in relation to other ones. 

In other news, I bought a new photography studio setup.  I bought a little mini backdrop stand, which is awesome, as well as a white backdrop.  I have another backdrop coming in the mail for me to experiment with.  I also bought two softboxes.  I like the light they give off.  It's diffused and easy to change around. I'm still experimenting with light direction.
 Here is an example of a picture with these lights.  I like this one a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment