Saturday, July 11, 2015

Looking for sewing pattern testers

I have slowly been preparing my patterns for publication, and the first of my patterns is almost ready for testers!  I am just waiting on a scanner so I can scan in the shapes for pattern pieces.  I've already sent this pattern to my first tester, but I had to send her dimensions only, so I'd like to have the scanner before I send it out to other testers.

 This barrel-style clutch with flap is my first pattern. This is my most popular purse and I am happy to offer it as a PDF.
 It can be tricky because you have to sew through several layers of interfacing, including double-sided fusible peltex, the heaviest interfacing.  I use two layers, and that can be finicky.
So if you are interested in being a tester for this clutch, please let me know.  Leave a comment with your email or email me at toriskabags (at) gmail . com
 
I already have written my patterns instructions for three other styles, but I need to take pictures and edit those before offering them.
 Some of my supplies are expensive to buy unless you buy in bulk, so I am willing to send my testers a frame and squares of interfacing to make things easier on them.
 I have never written or sold patterns before, so I'm really hoping to have 5-10 testers for each pattern before I publish them on Etsy.  I'd like testers who have experience in testing patterns and/or sewing purses. Most of my patterns are not suitable for beginners, but are still not too difficult.

2 comments:

  1. I currently test purse patterns for SEW SWEETNESS. I'd be honored to be added to your pattern testers list if you're still accepting applications.
    Thank you and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to be looking for testers soon for my second and third patterns! You can request to join my facebook group here and I will add you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1645620225716306/
      Thanks for your interest!

      Delete