Sunday, November 6, 2011

My current studio

I glued ten purses last night into their frames. The last time I did a large amount of purses at once I ended up with a numb finger that didn't regain full feeling for over a week! So I tried to be extra careful to not injure myself. I still ended up with red fingers though, so I'm definitely taking a vacation from framed purses and concentrating on some shoulderbags and wallets.
Another view of the same purses. I'll be busy editing photos and listing new items all morning tomorrow!
And now that I've finished the fringe purses I can send off my next shipment to the shop that I consign with down in Florida. Most of these purses I will make duplicates of to stay in my Etsy shop.
And finally, I have a new iron! It's a massive, gravity feed iron. It has a water tank that is suspended above the iron. It's also really heavy, which is nice. You can see my old faithful iron on the left, which is actually a hand-me-down from my mother when I left for college 7 years ago. I think it's the iron my brother used to wax his snowboard! I am way past due for a nice new one. We actually haven't figured out how to suspend the tank yet, so I haven't tried out my new Sapporo yet. But I will this week.
My list of non-purse projects is growing again. I got a shipment of clearance fabric this week that only cost me $25 for 10 yards of fabric! That fabric will be turned into two sheets for my kids' beds, and two dresses for me. We have family pictures on Saturday, so I have to get one of the dresses done before the. I'm making up the pattern myself inspired by I shirt I saw on Pinterest, so I'm hoping it turns out well. There is great capacity for disaster! Once the dress is done, I need to make new placemats, the two sheets, and a birthday quilt for my soon-to-be 2 year old. And then three Christmas gifts for the little boys in the family! I will be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment